UNA London & South East Region
Resolutions agreed at
Policy Forums and Special Regional Meetings up to February 2021
The full text of current resolutions agreed by members and supporters in the London & South East Region appears is available here: UNA London & South East Region policy resolutions approved as at February 2021.
See what members and supporters think about the following topics and what action they think the UK Government, the UN and others should take.
The Region has written to the Foreign Secretary in relation to those resolutions considered at our February 2021 Policy Forum (starred below).
You are also welcome to quote the views set out as being the view of the UNA London & South East Region if you wish to follow up any of these matters with the Rt. Hon. Dominic Raab, Foreign Secretary, King Charles Street, London. SW1A 2AH (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). If you need the details of your own MP they can be found here and you can ask for their support in bringing the matter to the Foreign Secretary’s attention.
- Arms Trade impacts on the lives of women and children (*)
- Atrocity prevention
- Climate change and its impact on Small Island Developing States (SIDS) (*)
- Financial levy for clean water (*)
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) (*)
- How did Dag Hammarskjold die?
- Human Rights (*)
- Localising the SDGs
- Maximising the impact of the UN’s work (*)
- Nuclear weapons
- Our world after the pandemic (*)
- Palestine 100 years after the Balfour Declaration (*)
- Promoting peace (*)
- Proposed laws restricting boycotts, divestment or sanctions
- Protection of journalists
- Recognising Ecocide as an international crime (*)
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers in London hotels and elsewhere (*)
- Sri Lanka (*)
- Strengthening training and leadership for UN peacekeeping and peace-building missions (*)
- The role of women in the UN
- UK Aid budget (*)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Vaccination for Palestinians living in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT) (*)
- Women, Peace and Security (*)
- Yemen (*)